I’ve known I wanted to be a lawyer since I was a young girl, listening to my father talk about cases and trials at the dinner table. Fairness has always been my driving force — knowing that no one ever deserves or wants to be in a situation where they need an attorney. I believe that one of the greatest joys in life is interacting with and helping other people, and it’s this knowledge that I take with me to my practice every day. We want our clients to know that we are in this battle together.
Inspiration in my life: My father. Since I was a young girl, I would hear him talk about cases and trials at the dinner table. It is what inspired me to be a lawyer.
When I’m not helping clients: You can find me outdoors! I love spending time with my family being active and in the fresh air whenever possible.
My advice for young professionals: Find time to do things that are only for you and stay physically active.
I like giving back because: it’s the right thing to do. Simple as that.
My greatest accomplishments: The two most majestic experiences of my life are skydiving and peering down a ski slope in the Swiss Alps.
- Actively assists with Firelands Habitat for Humanity projects
- Erie County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) for children, Board Member
AREAS OF PRACTICE & CONCENTRATIONS
- Civil Rights
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Trucking Collisions
- Wrongful Death Actions
- Class Actions
- Insurance Law
- Admiralty and Maritime Law
- Railroad Law, FRSA, FELA
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2011
- The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio, May, 2005
- J.D., Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate
- Honors: Scholarships: James F. Flynn Memorial, Wilbert G. and Hilma R. Schwer, and Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Honors: Award: Community Service
- Case Western Reserve University, Weatherhead School of Management, Cleveland, Ohio, May, 1998,
- Honors: Scholarships: Dean’s Academic Scholarship, Ewing Marion Kauffman Scholar
- Honors: Award: Community Service
- Ashland University, School of Education, Ashland, Ohio
- Saint Ignatius of Loyola University, Baltimore, Maryland, December, 1991, B.A.
- Honors: Dean’s List, Alpha Sigma Nu- National Jesuit Honor Society
- Oatman v. InfoCision, Inc., et al., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 106453 (N.D. Ohio 2013)
- Stevenson v. Western & Southern Mut. Holding Co., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 42026 (N.D. Ohio 2012)
- Range v. Cincinnati Life Ins. Co., 2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 41520 (N.D. Ohio 2012)
HONORS & AWARDS
- Fortune Women Leaders in the Law, 2015
- Martindale Hubbell AV rated - 2014-2019
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers; Top 25 Brain Injury Lawyers; Top 10 Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers, 2015-2019
- America's Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys- 2019
- Ohio Super Lawyer, Rising Star, 2014-2016
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- American Association for Justice (AAJ): State Delegate - Secretary; Civil Rights Section - Treasurer; Railroad Law Section - Secretary; Membership Oversight Committee - Member; National Finance Council - Member; Public Education Committee - Member
- AAJ Leadership Academy 2017
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member
- Disability Rights Bar Association, Member
- Education Law Association, Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Association for Justice: Member, Trucking Safety Committee Chair; Board Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Pound Civil Justice Institute, Member
- Public Justice Foundation, Member
- The National Trial Lawyers, Member
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Ohio Department of Development, Assistant Chief Legal Counsel, 2007 - 2011
- Franklin County Prosecutor’s Office, Assistant Prosecutor, 2006 - 2007
- Franklin County Prosecutor’s Office, Gang Unit Legal Intern, 2005 - 2006